Thursday, November 18, 2010

Hot and Cold

So lately, the song that has been popping up over and over again on my ipod is Katy Perry's Hot and Cold. Ironically enough, it has been the most appropriate song for my current situation. The "man" (saying he is a man would be a massive compliment) that I have been dealing with has lived up to this song to the highest level. When we first met it was instant chemistry and we were so much alike it was scary. However, a few weeks in he started to get a little more distant and I had to battle for his attention. Now, I am not the type to fight for a guy, but this one seemed worth it. Let's just say I was mistaken (not that it happens often or anything). He and I were kind of on and off for the next few weeks. One minute he would tell me how important I am to him and how much he loves spending time with me and in the next instant (literally) he would tell me that he would rather enjoy being single and spending time with his friends. He obviously could not make up his mind.


So here comes the advice. If this describes your significant other ... RUN AND DON"T LOOK BACK. I'm serious. Especially if how he feels about seeing you is ever changing, you need to get out before you end up appearing on SNAPPED for murdering him. Women would like some sense of security and if he just wanted to take things slow that would be fine, but if he is not calling you and not seeing you for days on end, then that is not a good sign. If he does not know what he wants now, then chances are he won't know anytime soon. Also, he is going days on end without seeing or talking to you and still does not seem to "miss" you whatsoever. Then he is just taking advantage of the fact that you are waiting around.



Regardless of whether you want to stay with this person or not, giving him a lot of space will give you the best result. If he does realize that your existence filled some type of void in his life and he calls you then you have a better shot of snagging him. (Disclaimer: If he does call but still does not want to commit to some form of relationship, then drop him and maintain your sanity! Thanks) If he does not call, then you are much better off and you can enjoy meeting someone new.



Moral: I feel that an overall moral to this story is appropriate. I know it is hard when you meet someone that you have genuine feelings for and they sort of fall off the face of the earth, however, there are millions of other men out there and one will let you know how important you are. The males that are on the fence may actually be crazy about you, but they are in an immaturity stage that prevents them from making adult decisions. If you are ready for a relationship, you should not have to wait for somebody else. Life goes on, even if relationships don't!


No comments:

Post a Comment