Monday, November 22, 2010

Playing Hard to Get

It is extremely unfortunate that the games we played in school to get boys to like us still apply in the adult world. Admittedly, the game has changed SLIGHTLY, but for the most part it is all the same nonsense. I am one of those types who does not like to be dependent on anyone. That being the case, I never let a guy see me being vulnerable and let him know how much I think about him. This has proven very successful in the past, but recently I had a little slip. I met a very compatible match, but I got too comfortable too fast. He and I pretty much "think" the same, so I was under the impression that I would not have to play games and I could just be honest with him. I was terribly naive. He wanted to be ignored and to be kept at a distance so he could work to keep me. I, of course, did not realize this because I have yet to have found a male that could be as straight forward as myself. However, I do know it now and at very least I have learned from this mistake. It is unfortunate to know that I can never be completely comfortable with a guy, but that is what happens when you mix two completely different species.

Being clingy will never get you anywhere. I have yet to meet a male that likes a girl to be clingy. They might say that they want a girl that wants to spend all of their time with them, but once they get it, they are going to change their mind. Do not be afraid to put a little distance between you and your significant other. It is not your job to keep things going (whether you want it to be or not). When a male is not working for the relationship he is getting lazier and lazier and will inevitably take advantage of the fact that you do all the work.

Moral: The most important advice I can give is to keep your game up and do not let your guard down. If you get too comfortable, he will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment